Set up CLLA Exchange mail in Entourage (OS X)
In Admin console (run with admin credentials):
- Create a new user if needed (Action->New->User).
- Highlight the user, and click the Actions menu->Exchange Tasks.
- In the Exchange Task Wizard, select Create Mailbox.
- Set Server to TAMU-Exchange/CLLA/MPD , mailbox store to MPD, and finish the Wizard.
- Leave the box at the bottom of the Email Addresses tab ("Automatically update e-mail addresses") Checked, and click OK.
- Within a few minutes, the account's E-mail Addresses tab should be automatically filled with three entries:
- X400 c=US; a= ;p=TAMU-EXchange...
- SMTP email@example.com
- SMTP firstname.lastname@example.org
- After a few minutes, re-open the account's properties, and check to see if all addresses have been added to the E-mail Addresses tab. If it hasn't happened yet, close the properties window, wait more, and try again.
- When the account's E-mail Addresses tab has all addresses automatically added, manually add a new SMTP address of email@example.com, and set it as primary (it should appear bold).
- Uncheck the box next to "Automatically update e-mail addresses," and click OK.
In Neo: NOTE: This section is deprecated until CIS restores the proxy directory editing feature. JM
- Open http://gateway.tamu.edu in a web browser.
- Click Edit Directory (under NetID Account Management).
- Have the user log in with their NetID credentials.
- Set the …@tamu.edu and …@neo.tamu.edu mail to be forwarded to …@libarts.tamu.edu (click Edit next to each entry, then Save the changes.)
- Enter morris in the proxies field. (This will allow Jeff Morris to view this screen only, per Brad Goodman’s instructions.) Note: this feature may not have been implemented by CIS yet, as it was in the old interface. Remove this note when the feature is added.-JM
- The Entourage Setup Assistant will run if Entourage has not been used before. Follow the directions to import mail from another mail client, if desired.
- Under the Entourage menu, select Account Settings…
- Click to create a New Exchange Mail account, and follow the prompts. Check the following settings (but they should be detected automatically):
- E-mail address: ...@tamu.edu
- Domain: clla.ad.tamu.edu
- Exchange server: https://libarts.tamu.edu/exchange
- LDAP server: delirium
- Enable SSL
- Complete the wizard, following the prompts.
- In the Exchange account, recreate the folder structure of the Neo account manually (highlight the account, then select File menu->New->Folder), and drag messages from the Neo account into corresponding folders in the Exchange account. (Wait a few seconds after selecting all messages in a folder (cmd+a), to be sure all messages are loaded and selected.)
- When the contents of the Exchange account are identical to those of the Neo account, delete the Neo account from Entourage (Entourage menu->Account Settings… then select the Neo account and click Delete).
- Test the Exchange account by sending a message from it and sending one to it.
- Demonstrate the CLLA web client to the user ( http://clla.tamu.edu/mail or https://libarts.tamu.edu/exchange ), and show the user how to change his/her password (there is a link on the login page).
In Apple Mail, use Incoming & Outgoing Mail Server: mpd.clla.ad.tamu.edu. For sending, use mpd.clla.ad.tamu.edu with no SSL.
To add TAMU LDAP directory access in Entourage (Optional; this allows the user to look up addresses in the campus directory):
- In Account Settings (under the Entourage menu), create a new Directory Service.
- Click Configure Account Manually, and enter the following information:
- Account name: TAMU LDAP Server
- LDAP Server: operator.tamu.edu
- Search base (on Options tab): ou=People,dc=tamu,dc=edu
- Click OK.